Victim: Oh, wow... so, what's your function? Shrike: ... oh, you know, baking, cooking, cleaning, general household chores. Victim: Amazing! How do you do that with all those spikes? Shrike: Sarcasm helps. Victim: How s- *super-sliced*
Shrike: Actually, 97% of my job is aggression. Victim 2: Really? What's the other 3%? Shrike: Aggression. Victim 2: Wait... doesn't that add up to 100% aggression? Shrike: Perhaps. But I'd like to think I have some redeeming qualities. Victim 2: ... Shrike: ... damn it. I've already killed you, haven't I? Victim 2: *gurgle*
Just finished reading Fall of Hyperion this weekend. Finding a concept piece of the Srike so soon after is a really nice surprise, especially as before reading the books never encountered any art related to them. Good job the design!
Cool! It reminds me of the bird named the shrike, a.k.a. the butcher bird, which will hang songbirds upside down from chain link fences to eat later. This is an awesome villain, I love how you painted the metal. ^^